“Increased Energy Investment; the Future of Africa’s Development”,
The Africa Energy Infrastructure and Finance Forum (AEIF) is a global investment Forum organized by African Leadership magazine for Africa’s energy, infrastructure, and finance sector. With an agenda that demands a lively debate, providing a balance of C-Suite strategy and real-world tactics, AEIF focuses on opportunities in Africa. The Forum will hold at National Press Club, Washington, D.C, USA on December 7, 2017.
Surveys have shown that a lack of energy has impeded recent economic growth, by slowing down businesses, reduced productivity and is threatening poverty reduction efforts in Africa. After a turbulent couple of years on the continent, the African energy and infrastructure market is set to bounce back with a new lease of life and investments. Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity have persisted through the recession and the development of new Greenfield PPP pipelines is starting to lay the groundwork for a resurgence in infrastructure development in Africa.
The Africa Energy Infrastructure and Finance Forum with the theme, “Increased Energy Investment; the Future of Africa’s Development”, will serve as a vehicle for empowering the private sector through advocacy, sharing business, market information and skills; this year’s forum will address the industry’s most pressing issues, identify sustainable new potentials and opportunities within the industry, synergize concepts and ideas, and proffer sustainable solutions; Join us to discuss and evaluate the these key challenges and opportunities, network with the key players in African Energy and infrastructure sector, and conduct the most important deal-making conversations.
AEIF 2017 will bring together senior-level executives from governments, asset owners, utilities, regulators, power / energy developers, financial institutions, technology providers, consultants, international development agencies, banks, law firms, institutional investors, funds, and large consumers of energy to form partnerships, identify opportunities and proffer solutions to collectively move the industry forward.
Key 2017 themes include:
- Africa – Strategic Leadership: Governmental strategies on developing energy and infrastructure. Stimulating foreign investments
- Country Focus: establishing pipeline of bankable projects in Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania, Mauritius and Liberia
- Cooperation perspectives for project financing: Governments, Official Development Assistance(ODA) ODA and private investors
- PPPs: the way forward? Success stories and case studies
- Opportunities and pipeline of projects in power generation, oil and gas, telecommunications, transportation, water and social infrastructure
- Supply chain and economies of costs
- Financing strategies: Equity contribution panel, opportunities in debt financing and capital markets
What to expect in 2017:
- Governmental updates on regulatory framework and investment climate
- Leaders Debate: senior executives from the Governments and leading developers, project sponsors, and technology companies
- Business Summit: one to one meetings scheduled in advance or on the spot in the dedicated area and during a dedicated time frame
- Exclusive press conference
- Gala Cocktail and thematic Champagne round tables
The Africa Energy, Infrastructure, and Finance (AEIF) Awards
Over the years, the African Leadership Magazine has honoured organizations and individuals who are dedicated to achieving excellence in the energy and infrastructure and finance industry. Given the key role the industry plays in Africa and the global economy and its impact on society; we believe that those who are committed to addressing the industry’s most pressing issues, proffering solutions and identifying new and innovative potentials within the industry deserve to be recognized and celebrated for their positive contributions. The AEIF Awards 2017 shall be presented at a gala black-tie event on the sidelines of the Africa Energy, Infrastructure, and Finance Forum.
African Leadership Magazine receives more than 150 nominations each year, from over 27 countries across Africa. The Awards have hosted several energy ministers, national regulators, heads of major energy companies and leading academics and legislators, past and present.
Each nomination and Award category is evaluated with key criteria by the judges. The African Energy and Infrastructure Awards is a gala black-tie event attended by energy, infrastructure, and finance industry executives.
African Leadership Magazine
The African Leadership magazine is published by African Leadership UK; a Pan-African flagship leadership-focused publication that focuses on showcasing the best of Africa to a global audience, while evolving solutions to peculiar challenges being faced by the continent. It is read by targeted international investors, business executives, government policy makers and multilateral agencies across Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Europe, and the US.
The Magazine in the last couple of years has dedicated its platform to entertaining the varying concepts of Energy, Infrastructure and finance opportunities on the continent of Africa; a platform that seeks to highlight the diverse developmental challenges that confront national and regional sectors, and serves as an avenue for in-depth analytical solutions to the sectors challenges.
For any queries about the event, contact Simon on +2347031640048 or email@example.com
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Boma on firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on this year’s agenda, visit www.africanleadership.co.uk