THE EVENT BRIEF
The role of Sports in Africa’s growth and development cannot be overemphasized. The United Nations Report on the International Year of Sport and Physical Education produced a decade ago, captures the benefits that sport can bring in building national identity and global cohesion.
For a continent in search of global platforms for expression and showcase of the inherent good that abounds within her territories, sports leaders and ambassadors are providing a refreshing narrative – reflecting the diverse talents that can be found.
While a recent study by Pwc succinctly suggests how far behind Africa has been on the sporting dynamics, the report, however, agrees that the continent is contributing massively to the pool of talents currently adding to the glitz and glamour of sports all over the world. These sporting Ambassadors are helping fly the continent’s flag and putting our name on the global map for the good reasons. Surely, they deserve the support and encouragement of all and sundry.
To this end and as the world’s attention shifts to Russia for the largest football event in world history, African Leadership U.K. is set to leverage the global platform towards celebrating the continent’s sports leaders. This ceremony is designed to celebrate African Sporting leaders who are working tirelessly to improve the sector in the continent and also using the platform to promote Africa’s image abroad.
- To reward excellence in sports leadership
- To help in advancing Africa’s image internationally
- An evening to unwind and network, bringing together sports administrators practitioners
- Award presentation
- Interactive Sessions
- Unveiling of the Special Edition of the African Leadership Magazine with focus on African Sports Leaders
- Athletes (Basketballers; Boxers; Sprinters)
- Sports administrators
- Sports Betting organizations
- Government Ministers of Sports
- African Sports Person of the Year
- African Sports Administrator of the Year
- Sporting Excellence Award (30)
- African Sports Development Champion Award
- African Sports Development Excellence Awards ( 10 Sports Betting organizations; 5 state governors; Globacom; 4 Banks)
TARGET NUMBER OF AWARDEES
- 50 (Fifty)
TARGET NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
- 200 (Two Hundred)
Footballers; Boxers; Bobsled Team; Football Federations of all the countries in Africa that qualified for the Championship; Ministers of Sports; CEOs of the Sports Betting organizations;