The last 2 decades have seen the emergence of China’s rapid economic investment growth and expansion in Africa to such an unprecedented level. Africa has in turn positioned itself as a preferred destination for global business and investments.
In 2015 China’s presence and popularity in Africa stood at an amazing 72%, higher than any other region in the world. It is a clear indication of not just the status of the Chinese but its strong desire to enter into bi-lateral relations with Africa. This they have reiterated through their Foreign Affairs Ministry by emphasizing that,” China and Africa are making joint efforts to maintain the lawful rights of developing countries and push forward the creation of a new, fair and just political and economic order in the world.”
This statement cannot be truer, seeing that trade flow in either direction has surged from a meagre 1% to over 20% in a little under 2 decades. Africa boasts of a whopping 60-fold export increase between 1998 – 2010 to China. China have been known to have already invested more than $14 billion in Africa – data from fDi intelligence has indicated that a massive 515% capital investment projects have been carried out by the Chinese between 2015 – 2016 alone. These figures have since improved, beyond statistics, to a bonding that now generates over $60 billion for African investments and infrastructure, thereby changing the entire dynamics of China’s interest and presence on the continent. This interest is to be founded upon a well stream-lined business-focused, transparent investment strategy for urgent implementation in Africa.
Hence, the China Africa Trade & Investment Forum shall hold between 9 – 10 October 2017 in Shanghai – China and seeks to discuss the investment opportunities in Africa in sectors such as; Agriculture, Engineering and Construction, Oil & Gas, Automobile, Banking & Finance, Telecommunication & Electronics, Railway Transport System, Waste Management, etc.
The objective of this forum is therefore
- To promote sustained, accelerated and responsible investment and investment partnerships between China and Africa companies
- To consolidate on the achievements made thus far between China – Africa Trade and Investment partnerships
- To expose more African Entrepreneurs to Chinese investors for possible partnerships, especially female entrepreneurs.
- To create opportunity to further explore areas of economic cooperation between Africa and China.
- To place more emphasis on manufacturing, production and the processing of most raw materials into finished products for Africa
- To encourage more Chinese investors to participate more actively in the African economy
China – Africa Trade & Investment Forum shall bring experts and practitioners from both China and Africa public and private sectors.
Draft Agenda of Event
China – Africa Trade and Investment Forum sessions will be led by industry experts;
Monday, 9 October, 2017
9:00 – Registration & Networking between African businessmen and their Chinese counterparts
09:30 – Opening & Welcoming Session
10:30 – Presentation: China – Africa partnership opportunities
12:00 – Q & A
13:30 – Panel – ROI – African sectors of future disruptive Growth
14:30 – Trade Policies & Reforms: – Initiating suitable policies towards the development of a healthier China-Africa relationship.
15:00 Panel – Entering the African Markets: What doesn’t Work
16:00 – Q & A
Networking & Closing
Tuesday, 10th October 2017
9:00 – Opening / Welcome
9:20 – Access and exposures to process technology and equipment – Innovative China – Africa Collaborations
10:00 – Q & A
10:20 – One on One Business match making.
12:20 – Presentation: Infrastructure and other Entrepreneurial Projects Financing
13:00 – Awards Presentation / Luncheon
15:00 – Closing
- African Ministers of Trade, Investments, Commerce.
- States & Regional Governments across Africa
- Large and Mid-sized companies in Africa and China
- Investment Agencies and Regulators
- Regional, bilateral and multilateral Chambers of Commerce and business Associations
- Chinese companies doing business in Africa
- African Business Executives for Chinese partnership
- Renowned Trade Associations
- Bank Executives
- Importers & Exporters
- SMEs, especially women led
For participation and Enquiries, please contact:
Name: Joseph Akuboh
Tel: +234 8100984493 or 08036618062